| Sundown in Lilla Sunnersta |
That's right, all you guys who have been posting up pictures of cherry blossom-lined streets in Vancity, and making me horribly envious of what's happening in beautiful B.C. Yet, today marked the first time since September that I wore something that didn't completely cover me from head to toe. In fact, I had to look long and hard for my shorts and running shirt, since they've been slowly moved further in to the back of the closet, gathering dust, over the past seven months.
But today was special. Sun, a nice breeze, and a blue sky. A 14 degree kind of day, believe it or not! It was such a perfect day in so many respects, and I realized how much I've missed warm weather. Having spent 5-6 months in snow, I've really learned to appreciate days like this, and today called for a walk along the river towards Lilla Sunnersta with Elvira and Robert, followed by a late afternoon run through the forest with Elvira, and finished off with Robert's waffles + whipped cream + maple syrup in the corridor.
Before we get to far ahead of ourselves, it's apparently supposed to be colder later on this week, maybe even dropping down to -10 and a bit of snow. Still, this brief appearance of a warm spring day made me very, very happy.
In other news, today I learned something very important: bälle (pronounced in the same way as "ballet") means a man's private parts. So don't say something like, "I love ballet!"
Also, just one week til my St. Petersburg trip!!
No comments:
Post a Comment